Call On Him

by MikeC

Ok, I feel I need to write this down, I believe the Holy Spirit is asking me to send this message to you. If you haven't called on God yet and conversed with Him, I tell you now to please dial Him up and patch things up. If you have called Him but felt you got the cold shoulder every time, I tell you now, swallow your pride and call Him back but this time trust in Him and give Him all your love. Yeah there were times I called on God and didn't get any answers right there and then, BUT, with patience and trust in His will, you will get an answer. I'll be honest, recently I've thought about putting down the mic, and pretty much ending my ministry. As you may or may not know, I'm a big advocate of spending one on one time during Adoration in front of the Blessed Sacrament to really converse deeply with our Lord and deeply offering up my prayers and asking the Lord for His guidance. 

The devil is always going to try and knock you down, by throwing you curve balls through difficult situations in your life. He uses those moments to take advantage of our weaknesses and to lead us away from God. Surely, the devil was trying to get me at my weakest moments during recent events. BUT, once again God was there to show me I wasn't alone and that if I stay focused on Him, I'd be good. 

So I was reassured about my mission by recent conversations I've had with certain people. As a group, Seedz of Faith has been in a drought since late last year and our progress on our new album, has hardly progressed. But, as I reflected on the readings of the Gospel on this upcoming 3rd Sunday of Easter, I was reminded of the mercy and love of our Lord to Peter. The Lord asked Peter three times if he loved him, to which Peter replied yes each time. Then each time Peter answered, Jesus replied back, "Feed my lambs," "Tend my sheep," and "Feed my sheep." Two things, first, our Lord forgave Peter for the three times he denied Jesus; second, our Lord asked Peter to not only say he loved him but to show Jesus how much he loved him, by directing Peter to continue forward with the mission, to feed his sheep.

I felt like I was denying Christ a few times recently, and by having feelings of doubt. But the Lord once again answered me saying that no matter how much I fail, he will always forgive me because he loves me so much as he does with every one of us. As he knew Peter was worthy of leading his Church, he knows we are worthy of the missions he calls us to serve. He not only appreciates when we say, "Jesus, I love You.", but imagine His feelings when we show how much we love Him.

So we have this annual trip we take to minister the youth in Laredo, TX at Sacred Heart Children's Home and as I recall the Gospel readings, I'm reminded to focus on feeding His sheep in any way that I can and not to give up on my faith when I cast out my net and come out empty. So I called on our Lord, and He answered. We've had quite a good show of support from various people for our ministry and it puts a huge smile on my heart and a tear of joy in my eyes to see how marvelous God is in His works!

I take great honor in serving Him even in the least of ways and in giving Him greater glory in all I do! To be a great leader is to become a great servant of others.

So please call on Him! Don't put Him on hold, don't hang up on Him and most of all, be patient, trust in Him and all that He plans for you. He will answer you because He loves you. Have faith, your nets will soon be full. 

"God is moving even among the pots and pans." - St. Teresa of Avila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AH, Relief!!

Determination, Patience and Discipline